OM Plus My-Print-Delivery (MPD) software is Plus Technologies solution for pull printing. This type of solution is also called by other names such as print release, pull printing, follow-me, or find-me printing. The idea behind the concept is to improve printing efficiencies by holding user documents in the print system until the user releases the document while physically at the printer or multifunction device itself. There are many benefits for implementing OM Plus MPD:
- Works with virtually all printer models and access cards/readers
- Integration with ERP, EMR, and other “back-end” systems
- Intelligent routing to identify MPD jobs (vs. non MPD jobs)
- Authentication via Active Directory or 3rd party solutions
- Does not require latest printer models (not even a display)
- Numerous release methods
- Features such as redirection of jobs, reprint, and archive
- Scalable and manageable
- Centralized queue creation
- Advanced trouble shooting tool-set
- Print statistics
- Priced by device (not user)
- Confidentiality and Compliance: The risk of printed documents left in the output bin is minimized as the users will be directly at the device.
- Mobility: Users can move from one location to another and still print without having the need to log onto a computer.
- Cost: MPD can reduce print volumes by 15%-20% lower usage of expensive toner.
- Green: Less paper and less toner is consumed.
- Security: Users are authenticated and only see their jobs.
- Savings through lower volume
- Increased print mobility
- Reduce waste “Green Solution”
- Improved compliance
- Not printer vendor specific
- Overcome VDI mobility issue
Release Print Jobs
- Embedded App inside printer/MFD
- Card swipe or tap
- Combination card swipe and embedded App
- Smartphone/Tablet App
- Printer/MFD: Users can select
- Dedicated release workstations
- Support for multi-vendor printer environment
- Support for older printer models without the screens (no hw upgrade needed)
- Numerous print release methods supported (card/phone/combinations, Kindle, etc)
- Support for numerous print spooling features such as job bundling or bursting, fail-over, re-direct, archiving, etc
- SAP certification
- Capability of scale for large organizations (we have OM Plus installations with 10,000+ devices)
- Support for multiple operating system environments such as Windows, UNIX, Linux
- No client install required
- Low cost of ownership
Please contact Plus Technologies for more information.