Defining Search Criteria in Report Distributor
- Date: Nov 03, 2015
Defining Search Criteria in Report Distributor3 Nov, 2015
For each page, a set of compares must be defined. These compares will look at a specifically defined location on the current document page. A range of rows between 1 and 99 and a range of columns between 1 and 256 define this location.
For lines other than the first, the location can be defined as relative to the previous line. By using +[value] or –[value] in the row and column fields.
Report Distributor will evaluate an area that has a position relative to the start point of a previous match. This only works if the relative line uses the AND (&) logical operator.
Within the defined location, Report Distributor will look for a match to a specified string of characters or numbers. In addition, it can look for numbers larger or smaller than the specified value.
Each line of a page is defined by the following set of parameters.
- Oper: logical operator for the row. This is unavailable on the first row. See the list of logical operators below for more information.
- Type: type of data for which to scan.
- Text (text): string of text.
- Numeric (num): number or range of numbers.
- Nomatch (-mat): no match descriptor.
- Collate (coll): collate type. It does not return a result for evaluation. Instead it looks in the specified location and generates a separate report for each unique value. This avoids the need to define a trigger for each desired section. The unique value is available to the operation as a variable $COLL (%COLL% on Windows).
- Ignore: determines whether the text type trigger will be case sensitive. Alternately, up to 10 characters can be entered in this field. These characters will be ignored in a numeric trigger.
- From Row: line number on each document page in which to start the search. The values that start with a ‘+’ character allow the row to be relative to a match on the previous line.
- To Row: line number on each document page in which to end the search. The values that start with a ‘+’ character allow the row to be relative to a match on the previous line.
- From Col: character column number on each document page in which to start the search. The values that start with a ‘+’ character allow the column relative to a match on the previous line.
- To Col: character column number on each document page in which to end the search. The values that start with a ‘+’ character allow the column relative to a match on the previous line.
- <=> (Numeric triggers only)
- =: trigger on a number is equal to a specified number.
- <: trigger on a number is less than a specified number.
- >: trigger on a number is greater than a specified number.
- !=: trigger on any number that is not equal to a specified number.
- String/Number: specified text or number for which to scan.
For each page, an operation must be defined. Take this action in case the criteria evaluate is true. If no operation is defined, the document page is discarded.
- Destination: Destination to which to spool.
- User: User ID from which the request spools. This allows special security setups.
- LP Options or Delivery Command:
- The options for the dcclp command. For information about dcclp, refer to the Using the Command Reference.
- Alternately a command can be used and Report Distributor will execute this command after all the pages have been evaluated and it has at least one matched document page.
All operations occur after the document has been completely processed. Any requests that are created here will be children of the original job sent to the repdist printer.