East coast university selects OM Plus to manage its Epic EPS servers
- Date: Jul 19, 2017
East coast university selects OM Plus to manage its Epic EPS servers19 Jul, 2017
Dayton, Ohio, July 19, 2017 – An east coast university has selected OM Plus output management software. The solution will support a central Epic EMR instance across six of the university’s health care facilities for up to 7000 destinations.
The university wanted to significantly reduce the number of redundant queue definitions across its’ Epic EPS servers. With OM Plus installed, this is made possible as print queues are defined only once and then automatically propagated across the Epic EPS servers.
The college also purchased licensing for the newly released OM Plus Stats Manager II for Device software. Stats Manager II for Device enables organizations to analyze and understand the who, what, and where of printing in their enterprise. Stats Manager II for Device is able to present a more detailed report of a print environment by collecting device data directly from the printer as well as, the ability to collect job-by-job print spooling data directly from it’s OM Plus software.
Stats Manager II for Device includes all of the features found in Stats Manager I for Print plus many additional features such as, pages printed, pages copied, pages faxed, mono pages, color pages, toner swaps and pages not printed inside of My-Print-Delivery secure print release software.
Plus Technology has many solutions for health care environments. With over 100,000 devices under OM Plus management in the health care market alone, Plus Technologies continues to expand its health care footprint.
The benefits of our Epic print management solutions include:
- Define print queues once for Epic backend and frontend printing. No more redundant queues across Epic EPS backend servers and Windows frontend print servers.
- Centralized Management of print workflows across many systems and their segmented hops on the way to printers.
- Replaces the problematic “send and forget” ftp transfer process between Cache and EPS servers with a secure, encrypted, traceable, and confirmed delivery process.
- Removes need for third party load balancers between Cache and EPS servers. OM Plus provides load balancing across EPS servers and the instances within the EPS servers.
- OM Plus is integrated with Epic for familiar operation.
- Reduces print delivery burden on EPS servers and other application and print servers.
- OM Plus reduces the number of dedicated Windows print servers.
- OM Plus removes the confusion of problem ownership across Windows/Unix/Linux/Network/Printers. One person can see the entire environment from OM Plus UI.
- OM Plus job tracking, logging, diagnostic tools provide quick problem identification and resolution.
- Easily retain, redirect and/or restart print jobs, manually or automatically.
- Reprint jobs without recreating/respooling (ertf and other jobs).
- Advanced delivery rules:
- Tray assignments
- My-Print-Delivery (MPD), print release with optional Imprivata print release authentication.
- Rx Print, tamper resistant Rx printing utilizing electronic forms and plain paper.
- i-Sat, backend printing to remote clinics via secure internet conduit. (no more VPN’s).
- Enforce Black and White printing and many more…
- Provides Load Balancing and High Availability across servers and printers.
- Informative, pro-active alert notifications and print confirmation.
- Collection and analysis of print usage information, who, what, when, where, cost, and more. (Provides information for compliance enforcement, security audits, print environment utilization for optimization, and more).
- Provides a more Reliable, Scalable, and Secure print infrastructure that improves operational efficiency which in turn improves patient care.
OM Plus Delivery Manager streamlines print operations and enhances document delivery by routing the output created by enterprise systems like EMR, ERP, accounting systems, and others. Delivery Manager adds value to organizations by organizing, enhancing, dynamically routing, securing, and delivering business documents to where they need to be to improve key business processes. Delivery Manager also improves the reliability, recover-ability, and scalability of native spooling systems saving maintenance and support costs.
Epic Systems Corporation, or Epic is the most popular EMR or electronic medical record software that provides health care facilities with enterprise solutions for inpatient and departmental, access, revenue cycle and practice management functions.
For more information, please contact Plus Technologies