Generally, a majority of schools run their organizations with systems that create significant output. Specifically, this requires printing like report cards, financial statements, checks, and other documents. Furthermore, our printing software is used to streamline, simplify support, and increase reliability/throughput in printing these documents.
Printer load balancing, or printing across multiple printers can significantly improve overall document output velocity. Another name for printer load balancing is printer pooling. In busy printing environments several jobs may be sent to the printer in a short period of time. However, when this happens the documents become stacked up and have to wait their turn before printing. Specifically with Printer Load Balancing, documents do not wait for prior jobs to print. Then documents are routed to available printers and print right away.
Some of our Education Solutions Customers
- Auburn University, Birmingham City Board of Education, Columbus Public Schools, Huntsville City Schools, Ivy Tech State College, Kansas State University, Long Beach School District, Open Polytechnic of New Zealand, Penn State University, Pittsburg State University, Rutgers University, Ryerson Polytech University, Santa Clara University, University of Central Florida, University of Idaho, University of Iowa, University of Louisville, University of Utah, Viewpoint School District
Additionally, many healthcare organizations are associated with university systems. Generally, these healthcare organizations have the typical print output needs for EMR, Epic, McKesson, Cerner, and Allscripts.
Centralized Print Spooling and Queue Management
- Single point of control and management for multiple enterprise systems including EMR’s like Epic, Cerner, McKesson, Soarian, Allscripts and others.
- Centralized queue creation including Windows print servers.
- Troubleshooting tools.
- Features to improve security and compliance.
- Page level confirmation of delivery to the printer tray.
- Error notification.
- Print from smartphone and other mobile devices.
- Productivity features such as re-print, re-start, fail-over, load balancing and more.
Tamper Resistant Rx Printing on Plain Paper
- Replace expensive and cumbersome pre-printed forms based printing.
- OM Plus provides a software only solution that uses pantograph and micro-print technologies to create tamper resistant prescriptions on plain paper.
- The savings from this solution are significant.
My-Print-Delivery for Pull Printing (also known as follow-me printing)
- OM Plus My-Print-Delivery (MPD) improves printing efficiencies and security by holding a user’s “printed” jobs on a secure print server until the user walks up to a convenient printer and authenticates/releases their jobs.
- MPD allows users to print from one location and pick up jobs in another to improve printing mobility.
- My-Print-Delivery helps overcome the print mobility limitations of VDI environments.
- MPD increases compliance as a document are not left unattended in the output tray.
OM Plus i-Sat for Secure “Cloud” Based Printing for Remote Sites
- OM Plus i-Sat is easy to install, simple to use, cloud enabled, printing software that is ideal for organizations that need to print from EMR and other back-end applications to remote sites such as, satellite offices, affiliate organizations, business partners, and home offices.
- Improves security and reduce cost associated with managing VPN
- i-Sat is installed at the remote site on a workstation, server or MFP or deployed as an appliance.
- No technical expertise needed at remote site. Additionally, i-Sat is pre-configured. Plug it in and it is operational.
- OM Plus enables organizations to analyze and understand the who, what, when, and where of printing in their enterprise.
- Captures printer and user centric print data.
- OM Plus provides reporting and ad hoc query capabilities.
Printer Fleet Management
- Manage toner acquisition and swap outs.
- Receive device based alerts and notifications.
- Capture print, copy, scan counts.
Plus Technologies solutions can provide significant benefit to print operations in education organizations. In addition, Plus Technologies Education solutions provide comprehensive cost accounting and chargeback capabilities. Furthermore, OM Plus can save cost be streamlining print operations support. Additionally, load balancing and failover solutions increase productivity. These and the myriad of other ways to use the print tool set from Plus Technologies can help education organizations to improve productivity and reduce costs. Some of the ways these organizations have used our education solutions as well as common situations are listed below.
- Print Accounting and Chargeback
- Color Print Quota Control
- Print Confirmation and Notification
- Load Balancing to Increase Throughput (eg Grading card printing)
- Large Job Re-routing
- Print Bundling
- Print Job Routing
- Multi System Print Control
- Streamlining Print Administration
- eForms Control
- Automated Fail-over
- Electronic Report Distribution
- Windows Scalability
- Print Room (high volume printing, failover, high availability, and operator control)
- Report Card Printing (Secure Printing)
- HR/Payroll Printing
- Time Sensitive, Continuous Printing, and Batch Printing