Network Security and Hacking Attacks Addressed in OM Plus i-Sat
- Date: Jan 26, 2015
Network Security and Hacking Attacks Addressed in OM Plus i-Sat26 Jan, 2015
Dayton, Ohio, January 26, 2015 – Network security and hacking attacks have become hot button issues in recent news headlines. Many retail stores and even Sony have been targets of hackers. Network and internet security is becoming a serious issue and improving security is a foremost concern of many organizations.
Printing from ERP, EMR and other core business in distributed environment (branches, labs, stores, and consultants) opens the door to potential vulnerabilities. Printing in these environments poses legitimate security concerns.
How are systems vulnerable in distributed print environments?
- Remote sites/users are provided access to back-end systems like ERP and EMR systems
- Access to non-organic employees like doc offices, labs, contractors, retail employees
- No control over systems used at remote locations – cannot verify viruses and malicious software
- Access to back-end systems for print can expose a network to potential hacks, viruses or other attack
- Do not allow access to core systems from non-organic employees or remote locations
- Export all print to an independent print system that is in the ‘glass house’, under strict controls and safe
- Remote users only get access to the IPS not the core back-end systems
- Standardize the remote system with a standard safe software called i-Sat
- IPS only takes calls from i-Sat, no one else and no access to the core systems
- Secure connection via web services and the internet. No network access
- Only ‘push’ from IPS when known i-Sat user is authenticated
- Compress and encrypt data
With i-Sat implementations:
- No access ever to back-end system
- End users are authenticated
- Completely enclosed and safe system
For more information please contact Plus Technologies.
About Plus Technologies LLC
Plus Technologies provides enterprise output management (EOM) and print software to customers including corporations, government and healthcare organizations. Many of our customers are leaders in their field and are listed in the Fortune 500. Plus Technologies solutions are based on the “OM Plus Software Suite”. Each software product can stand on its own or can be integrated with the other OM Plus software products, as needed, to solve unique document related business problems.