Prescription printing solution selected by orthopedic care facility in South Dakota
- Date: Sep 27, 2016
Prescription printing solution selected by orthopedic care facility in South Dakota27 Sep, 2016
An orthopedic care facility located in South Dakota has selected OM Plus Tamper-Resistant-Print software from Plus Technologies to print prescriptions on plain paper. This organization has been in business for over 40 years and treats all types of orthopedic conditions related to sports injuries and other musculoskeletal disorders. They needed a cost effective prescription printing solution for their patients.
The disadvantages of specialized printers and pre-printed RX media
Without a prescription printing solution like Tamper Resistant Print in place, this facility faced many challenges including:
- The purchase of expensive specialized printers with locking trays are required to print prescriptions
- Pre-printed prescription pads or 8 ½ x 11 sheets can cost between $.05 cents to $1.00 a sheet
- Pre-printed forms must be placed in secure storage
- Maybe subjected to state audit reports
Prescription printing on plain paper
With OM Plus Tamper Resistant Print they were able to eliminate the need to purchase expensive specialty printers and costly preprinted forms or prescription pads. The solution also allows for improved security and the simplification of the overall printing process.
With a software based prescription printing solution in place, the facility is able to create fully compliant, tamper resistant prescriptions on plain paper without the need or expense of prescription pads, locking printer trays, or pre-printed forms. This saves the facility a great deal in cost and requires no changes to the normal print environment.
The OM Plus Tamper Resistant Print solution ingests input from most popular EMR/ EHR systems, parses the necessary data, creates the tamper resistant prescription, and securely delivers it to a laser printer with plain paper. The technology includes a pantographic, microprint as well as, other security technologies to prevent fraudulent alteration, scanning or copying.
Our Tamper Resistant Print solution is based on the popular OM Plus Delivery Manager Output Management software. OM Plus Delivery Manager is an advanced, intelligent print spooling software designed to seamlessly complement enterprise software systems. Delivery Manager provides queue management, advanced routing and print spooling for ERP/EMR/WMS systems such as SAP, Oracle, MFG/PRO/Epic/Cerner, and others.
With OM Plus Tamper Resistant prescription printing you get a solution that provides:
- Anti-copy void pantograph technologies
- Microprint, and other authentication technologies
- No need for expensive pre-printed forms, labels, or prescription pads
- All the added features of OM Plus Delivery Manager
Popular features include:
- Seamless ERP/EMR integration (SAP certified)
- Intelligent document routing
- Automated load-balance and fail-over
- Bi-directional communications with printer to confirm documents in tray
- Re-print, Re-start, and Re-direct
- Centralized administration and audit
- Confirmed print
- Audit and statistics
- And more
Customer use OM Plus to:
- Lower administration costs
- Reduced errors (duplicates and missing documents)
- Increased scalability to meet volumes
- Resolve errors faster
- Improve processes
- Enhance security and compliance
- As well as wide variety of other solutions
About Plus Technologies
Plus Technologies, located in Ohio, has been developing enterprise level document and output management software since 1994. Plus Technologies’ focus is on improving document related processes. We have thousands of customers, tens of thousands of server software installations, and millions of printers under management in 30 countries.