Security Improvements Included in New OM Plus Version Update
- Date: Sep 15, 2020
Security Improvements Included in New OM Plus Version Update15 Sep, 2020
Dayton, Ohio, September 15, 2019 – Plus Technologies, a leading print and output management software solutions provider, is pleased to announce the release of OM Plus Delivery Manager 3.1.1 and OM Plus My-Print-Delivery 3.1.1.
The bulk of the changes to Delivery Manager improve system security as well as simplify installation and operations. The improvements to My-Print-Delivery focus on the areas of administration and security. Customers with valid support contracts will be eligible to upgrade to this new release without any additional license fees.
“Plus Technologies has always placed a strong emphasis on security within our products,” said Mike Visser, President of Plus Technologies. “OM Plus Delivery Manager 3.1.1 and OM Plus My-Print-Delivery 3.1.1 will further improve upon and strengthen the existing security features while also simplifying and providing a smoother installation process.”
OM Plus Delivery Manager is a print and output management software solution designed to ingest print jobs from enterprise systems that manage, monitor, and deliver the output to printers, multi-function devices, fax software, email systems, and more.
OM Plus My-Print-Delivery is a pull print solution that improves printing efficiencies by holding user documents in the print system until the user is ready to release them. Once authenticated, documents are released while the user is physically at the printer or multifunction device itself.
The latest OM Plus Delivery Manager 3.1.1 feature enhancements include:
- Data encryption for documents in motion between OM Plus Delivery Manager Servers and between Delivery Manager Servers and the Web Client.
- Support for TLS 1.3.
- New data type to support label counting of the Datamax Print Language.
- Tamper Resistant Printing (eg for plain paper Rx print) integrated into Delivery Manager installation.
- OM Plus My-Print-Delivery printer configuration now integrated into OM Plus Delivery Manager installation.
The latest OM Plus My-Print-Delivery 3.1.1 feature enhancements include:
- Structural improvements to the server-side component of My-Print-Delivery.
- Streamlined installation & configuration process.
- Automatic installations for HP, Sharp, Xerox, Ricoh at server install time.
- Data encryption of My-Print-Delivery transactions.
- Communications over a secure socket.
- Improved authentication engine to better support Imprivata and multiple domains.
- Support for Sharp and Ricoh devices.
- Updates to Lexmark certifications.
- Improvements to user experience at the device.
- Continue support for printer based user authentication including Imprivata and CAC/PIV.
- Migration tools are available for existing My-Print-Delivery customers.
About Plus Technologies LLC
Plus Technologies provides enterprise output management and print software to customers including corporations, government, and healthcare organizations. Many of our customers are leaders in their field and are listed in the Fortune 500. Plus Technologies solutions are based on the “OM Plus Software Suite”. Each software product can stand on its own or can be integrated with the other OM Plus software products, as needed, to solve unique document related business problems. For more information, please visit http://www.plustechnologies.com.