Epic Output Management Solutions for Hospitals
- Date: Oct 20, 2015
- Categories: Blog
Epic Output Management Solutions for Hospitals20 Oct, 2015
Epic Output Management Solution Deployed at Southwest Hospital
A large hospital system located in the Houston area with over 1,000 beds and three hospital locations has successfully deployed OM Plus Delivery Manager (DM) Output Management software. Delivery Manager is being used to streamline Epic EMR system output in order to improve print operations, reduce cost, lessen the load on the help desk. In this situation OM Plus print software will manage all output to over 2,200 printers across multiple locations. In addition, a Plus Technologies Services Technician visited the facility to train the IT and Help Desk staff on the operation of the DM software.
Plus Technologies and Epic Output Management
Epic provides a leading software application suite to the healthcare market. Moreover, Epic consists of multiple software modules running on multiple computers with multiple print streams. Despite its market leading features Epic relies on the native spooling systems found at the operating system level. However, these basic spoolers do not communicate with printers, cannot confirm print, does not hold onto jobs, provide little audit capabilities and are difficult to manage.
Plus Technologies has experience in the Epic environment. In addition. our Epic print server solutions simplify the administration involved in managing the multiple Epic systems (eg. Cache, EPS) and multiple print streams that are involved in the complex Epic print server system
Print/Output Management Solutions For Healthcare Organizations
Plus Technologies healthcare customers use the OM Plus print software suite for many purposes. Some of these uses for OM Plus output management software include:
Centralized Print Spooling and Queue Management
- Single point of control and management for multiple enterprise systems including EMRs like Epic, Cerner, McKesson, Soarian, Allscripts and others.
- Centralized queue creation including Windows print servers.
- Troubleshooting tools.
- Features to improve security and compliance.
- Page level confirmation of delivery to the printer tray.
- Error notification.
- Print from smartphone and other mobile devices.
- Productivity features such as re-print, re-start, fail-over, load balancing and more.
Tamper Resistant Rx Printing on Plain Paper
- Replace expensive and cumbersome pre-printed forms based printing.
- OM Plus provides a software only solution that uses pantograph and micro-print technologies to create tamper resistant prescriptions on plain paper.
- The savings from this solution are significant.
My-Print-Delivery for Pull Printing (also known as Follow the User style print)
- OM Plus My-Print-Delivery (MPD) improves printing efficiencies and security by holding a user’s “printed” jobs on a secure print server until the user walks up to a convenient printer and authenticates/releases their jobs.
- My-Print-Delivery allows users to print from one location and pick up jobs in another to improve printing mobility.
- MPD helps overcome the print mobility limitations of VDI environments.
- MPD increases compliance as a document are not left unattended in the output tray.
OM Plus i-Sat for Secure “Cloud” Based Printing for Remote Sites
- OM Plus i-Sat is easy to install, simple to use, cloud enabled, printing software that is ideal for organizations that need to print from EMR and other back-end applications to remote sites such as, satellite offices, affiliate organizations, business partners, and home offices.
- Improves security and reduce cost associated with managing VPN
- i-Sat is installed at the remote site on a workstation, server or MFP or deployed as an appliance.
- No technical expertise needed at remote site. i-Sat is pre-configured. Plug it in and it is operational.
- OM Plus enables organizations to analyze and understand the who, what, when, and where of printing in their enterprise.
- In addition, OM Plus captures printer and user centric print data.
- Moreover, OM Plus provides reporting and ad hoc query capabilities.
Printer Fleet Management
- Manage toner acquisition and swap outs.
- Receive device based alerts and notifications.
- Capture print, copy, scan counts.
- OM Plus My-Print-Delivery (MPD) (pull-print) is certified by Imprivata to inter-operate with its OneSign product.
For more information, please contact Plus Technologies