Large supermarket chain in North Carolina has selected OM Plus Delivery Manager software to handle its SAP R3 printing
- Date: Nov 08, 2013
- Categories: Blog
Large supermarket chain in North Carolina has selected OM Plus Delivery Manager software to handle its SAP R3 printing8 Nov, 2013
A supermarket chain with headquarters in Ashville, North Carolina who operates approximately 200 store in six south-eastern states has selected OM Plus Delivery Manager software to handle its SAP R3 printing.
After implementing SAP R3, the customer needed a highly reliable, consistent, and easy to manage print solution for over 100 printers. Since SAP R3 relies on the limited native OS for printing, they began looking for a solution with greater reliabilty and functionality.
After implementing OM Plus (DM), the customer was able to confirm end-to-end printing from the SAP server all the way to the printer tray. As an added benefit, admininistration costs were reduced by taking adavantage of OM Plus (DM)’s error recovery tools to rapidly locate and recover from printing issues.
Since 1994 Plus Technologies has been a market leader in output and print management software. We have certified our world class OM Plus Delivery Manager (DM) software on SAP’s BC-XOM interface. With OM Plus (DM), users overcome the limitations of native spooling systems nominally used by SAP systems.
- No confirmation of the printing function. OM Plus DM confirms printing to the tray.
- No print visible to the end user. OM Plus DM returns print job and printer status so users can view within SAP.
- Limited threads can cause print bottlenecks. OM Plus DM is multi threaded to increase performance.
- No automated fail-over. OM Plus DM provides fail-over at print server, printer and page levels.
- No archiving of print jobs. OM Plus DM provides an integrated archiving feature.
- Complex administration. OM Plus DM streamlines print administration saving time and resources.
- 10,000 job requests limit in system. OM Plus DM eliminates the job request limit and increases performance.
- Limited support for native O/S spooling. Plus Technologies support of OM Plus DM is recognized as superior.
Plus Technologies’ OM Plus print spooler is SAP BC-XOM certified for both “polling” and “call- back” implementations of SAP. OM Plus will ingest and manage the delivery of print jobs from one or more AP servers using the defined BC-XOM process. OM Plus can track and report the status of each SAP print job back into the SAP user’s interface. OM Plus Delivery Manager has maintained a current SAP certification since 2001.