New My-Print-Delivery (MPD) release
- Date: Nov 08, 2016
- Categories: Blog
New My-Print-Delivery (MPD) release8 Nov, 2016
OM Plus My-Print-Delivery (MPD) is Plus Technologies solution for pull printing. This type of solution is also called by other names such as print release, pull printing, Follow the User style print. The idea behind the concept is to improve printing efficiencies by holding user documents in the print system until the user releases the document while physically at the printer or multifunction device itself.
Plus Technologies has released a new MPD version. The new version number is: 3.3.0021.
Included in this new release is all of the Android certified apps for both Lexmark and Dell. In addition, new IIS architecture for HP devices. Moreover, Plus Technologies has made changes that resolves the time delay issue. Furthermore, this time delay issue is related to retrieving the card data from embedded HP card readers.
In addition, new changes are based on IIS and are designed to optimize performance for HP devices. Lastly, the new version minimizes issues and delay around card reader data capture.
MPD Key Features
- Works with virtually all printer models and access cards/readers
- Certified with Imprivata OneSign
- CAC/PIV support
- Integration with ERP, EMR, and other “back-end” systems
- Intelligent routing to identify MPD jobs (vs. non MPD jobs)
- Authentication via Active Directory or 3rd party solutions
- Does not require latest printer models (not even a display)
- Numerous release methods
- Features such as redirection of jobs, reprint, and archive
- Scalable and manageable
- Centralized queue creation
- Advanced troubleshooting tool-set
- Print statistics
- Priced by device (not user)
Plus Technologies’ Versions
- Plus Technologies is always adding features to satisfy our customers
- We are constantly updating our various products
- Version numbers may change frequently
- For precise version numbers and/or enhancements, please Contact Us.
- Confidentiality and Compliance: The risk of printed documents left in the output bin is minimized as the users will be directly at the device.
- Mobility: Users can move from one location to another and still print without having the need to log onto a computer.
- Cost: MPD can reduce print volumes by 15%-20% lower usage of expensive toner.
- Green: Less paper and less toner is consumed.
- Security: Users are authenticated and only see their jobs.
- Savings through lower volume
- Increased print mobility
- Reduce waste “Green Solution”
- Improved compliance
- Not printer vendor specific
- Overcome VDI mobility issue
- Support for multi-vendor printer environment
- Support for older printer models without the screens (no hw upgrade needed)
- Numerous print release methods supported (card/phone/combinations, Kindle, etc)
- Support for numerous print spooling features such as job bundling or bursting, fail-over, re-direct, archiving, etc
- SAP certification
- Capability of scale for large organizations (we have OM Plus installations with 10,000+ devices)
- Support for multiple operating system environments such as Windows, UNIX, Linux
- No client install required
- Low cost of ownership
For more information, please contact Plus Technologies