Plus Technologies’ Epic 2018 Video
- Date: Oct 10, 2018
- Categories: Blog
Plus Technologies’ Epic 2018 Video10 Oct, 2018
Plus Technologies’ Epic 2018 Video
Recently, Plus Technologies has posted a video to explain our print management solution for Epic. Specifically, this new video is available on Plus Technologies’ website. https://www.plustechnologies.com/print-solutions/epic-print-solutions-plus-technologies/ . Additionally, this video and others are available on Plus Technologies’ YouTube channel, www.youtube.com/user/PlusTechnologies
For more information, please contact Plus Technologies
Epic Print Solutions
In this Epic 2018 video we explain how Epic 2018 users are able to take advantage of the many print & output management features found in OM Plus Delivery Manager.
Healthcare organizations rely on Epic’s EHR solution to drive their operations, but Epic relies on Windows print spooling to get print jobs to printers. Windows spooling only provides basic print output management capabilities. In comparison, our OM Plus solution provides very robust management, delivery and support capabilities. Epic understands that customers still rely on print for their daily operations and it is important for jobs to print where, when and how they are supposed to, for patient care to be provided in a timely and effective manner. To satisfy the needs of users that want high availability printing with advance functionality, they created their new API print architecture for Epic 2018. It was designed to simply and cleanly hand off the print output management responsibility to a solution like OM Plus.
Epic 2018 has made major changes to the print output architecture and Epic now requires an API to be used for third party OMS tools like OM Plus. In a new environment OM Plus does not reside on the EPS or Cache servers. OM Plus will receive jobs in either text, pdf, or XPS format through the Epic API. Additionally, OM Plus will transform those jobs into printer ready data streams then use intelligent routing logic to deliver jobs to the appropriate print device. With “Print Confirmation” turned on OM Plus will be able to determine if a print job successfully printed or not (in the output tray) and deliver the status back to Epic via the API so print status is available to the Epic user. Users will not need to define multiple print queues per device or install print drivers across the EPS server farm. They can simply define queues one time in OM Plus for all the EPS servers.
OM Plus Delivery Manager
OM Plus Delivery Manager ingests print jobs from Epic and many other sources and applications. It utilizes a rules-based engine to manage, monitor, and deliver jobs across complex networks to multiple destinations and types. It includes a centralized administrative platform for the management and support of the entire print environment. Implementing OM Plus Delivery Manager can help eliminate the need for multiple staff, different skill sets, the collection of data from multiple disparate systems and other inefficiencies involved in troubleshooting print issues. It also significantly reduces the time redundantly defining queues across multiple systems and managing their print workflows. When jobs reliably print where and when they are supposed to, clinicians can spend more time caring for patients.
OM Plus Allows Epic Numerous Benefits
- Lower administration labor costs
- Increased system reliability and scalability
- Reduced number for EPS servers
- Increased visibility of print job status
- Robust toolset to diagnose and recover from print related errors
- Increased security and compliance
Other Features Available in OM Plus
- My-Print-Delivery (MPD) for pull-print
- Plain paper Rx printing
- Load balancing
- i-Sat for secure internet-based job delivery to remote sites (SaaS)
- Stats Manager (SM) to capture print statistics
Why is OM Plus Delivery Manager Important to Epic Users
Plus Technologies has many customers who run Epic software and has been delivering print and output management solutions since 1994. OM Plus software currently manages over 100,000 healthcare printers.
With output management handled through OM Plus Delivery Manager:
- There is no need to redundantly define EPS queues or drivers. Simply define the queue once in the OM Plus interface and propagation takes place across the network automatically.
- Native PDF/XPS jobs print slow on printers. OM Plus Delivery Manager can transform them into a print ready format that significantly increases the speed of print.
- The number of EPS servers can be reduced, because there is no need for dedicated Willow Ambulatory
- The API process enables confirmation of delivery to the output tray. The status feedback of print jobs is be reported back to Epic.
- OM Plus can manage, monitor and deliver with granular visibility all the way to the output tray.
- Several tools and features are included such as, advanced rules-based delivery, pull print, Rx prescription printing, remote clinic or lab printing, confirmation of delivery, redirection of print jobs, printer load balancing, and more…
- Includes a robust Help Desk toolset and a collection of print data to know the who, what, when and where of printing.
- One enterprise toolset manages queues and jobs for back-end printing, front-end printing, and other applications.
- Optional third party integrations with: Imprivata, PrinterLogic, Tricerat, and various printer manufacturers.
For more information or to schedule a proof of concept, please feel free to contact us by going to our contact page at www.plustechnologies.com/contact or call us at 877-899-7587 or outside the US at 1-937-847-0614.
Automating Document Related Business Processes
Plus Technologies located in Ohio, has been developing enterprise level document and output management software since 1994. Plus Technologies’ focus is on improving business processes affected by documents. We have thousands of customers, tens of thousands of server software installations, and millions of printers under management in 30 countries.
Plus Technologies serves customers of all sizes as our products, licensing, and pricing is scalable upwards and downwards. We have departmental as well as enterprise wide output management software implementations. We have successfully sold into many Fortune 500 organizations.
One reason for our success is our willingness to respond quickly to our customer’s unique requirements. First, we listen to the customer to understand their environment and their needs. Second, we work the customer to determine the optimal solution. In addition, we are able to quickly make enhancements to our products to meet specific needs. Third, we offer pricing and licensing flexibility to suit our customer’s budget. Lastly, we provide world class support. This recipe has served us well over the years and as a result we have an extremely loyal customer base.
Please contact us to learn more about our company and products. Moreover, you can count on Plus Technologies to do our best to help you solve your document and output management issues.