New SaaS Printing Video – Plus Technologies
- Date: Mar 01, 2017
- Categories: Blog
New SaaS Printing Video – Plus Technologies1 Mar, 2017
Plus Technologies’ SaaS Printing Video
Recently, Plus Technologies has made a video to explain how our OM Plus software works with SaaS printing. Specifically, this new video is available on Plus Technologies’ website and our Software as a Service page. Moreover, this video and others are available on Plus Technologies’ YouTube channel, www.youtube.com/PlusTechnologies. Furthermore, this video describes SaaS printing, how our software works, and the benefits of using OM Plus.
Plus Technologies’ solution for SaaS printing (Software as a service) is a subscription based software licence. This solution is hosted on the cloud by software vendors or application service providers. Additionally, OM Plus i-Sat cloud printing is the ideal print software solution for SaaS environments. Specifically in an i-Sat scenario, remote users are trying to print documents that are created on a host server in a central location and need to be delivered over the internet (cloud printing).
Generally, this i-Sat solution is ideal for when the user is remote and the documents are produced from a central host and securely transported over the internet to the end user.
For printing of ‘business critical’ documents such as invoices, pick tickets, shipping labels, bills of lading, management reports, patient records, financial documents, and others, there may be some shortcomings such as:
- No confirmation of print to the tray or error notification
- Missing print features – load balance, failover, restart, reprint, redirect
- No help desk tools to resolve print errors
- Possible duplicate printing (from ‘print again)
- In addition, no ‘system-wide’ view of all devices and documents
- No ‘end user’ print stats for ‘back-end’ systems like ERP, EMR, accounting apps, etc
- Mobile or pull printing lacking
- Also, no intelligent routing
If any of these are needs then one needs OM Plus Delivery Manager.
OM Plus Delivery Manager Flow
- Viewing documents in user browser
- Converting documents to a printable format (eg xls, pdf) at workstation
- OM Plus DM replaces Microsoft spooler function
- Confirmation to printer
- System wide view of all printers and documents in single tool
- Error notification and tools
- Enhanced delivery – reprint, load balance, failover, context based delivery, bundle, etc
- Pull Print via My-Print-Delivery
- Private Cloud printing via i-Sat
- Print Statistics – including user print data
For more information about the information contained in this release please Contact Us