Secure Queue Release Benefits Nursing Staff
Secure Queue Release Benefits Nursing Staff25 Sep, 2020
A new feature found in OM Plus My Print Delivery, the powerful pull printing solution from Plus Technologies, allows users or their surrogates in clinical settings to authenticate with a card/badge tap and release print jobs associated with designated print queues. This feature is called Secure Queue Release (SQR).
Improving Patient Care
With this new feature in place, Nursing staff can better address patient needs instead of waiting for the proper documentation to process first. In the case of retiring staff, SQR is an efficient tool to help ease the transitions to new replacement staff.
How does SQR Work?
As an example, a nurse and her assistant are attending to a patient in Exam Room 1. The nurse asks the assistant to go retrieve print jobs she submitted for that room/queue. The assistant goes to the printer and releases the jobs associated with Exam Room 1. This allows the nurse to stay with the patient while providing a more secure print workflow and saving time by removing the need to sort through other documents at the printer.
OM Plus My-Print-Delivery Software
OM Plus My-Print-Delivery (MPD) software is a Plus Technologies solution for pull printing. This type of solution is also known by other names. Names such as print release, pull-print, Follow the User style print. The idea behind the concept is to improve printing efficiencies by holding user documents in the print system until the user releases the document while physically at the printer or multifunction device itself.
- One printer can securely service multiple designated print queues
- Multiple users can release jobs sent to a designated queue, serviced by a specified printer.
- Print jobs only print when users are at the printer
- The solution can track who released what jobs
- Seamlessly integrates with existing application print queues and the print submittal experience
- Overcomes limitations associated with surrogate print release permissions
- Optional authentication via Imprivata OneSign
- Fewer printers required to service the environment
- Frees up the workspace area
- Reduce the clutter of jobs laying around printers
- Provides security for pre-mapped print workflows and jobs with generic user ids
- Increase security/compliance for sensitive documents
- Increase staff efficiency via better job retrieval capabilities
Automating Document Related Business Processes
Plus Technologies located in Ohio has been developing enterprise-level document and output management software since 1994. Plus Technologies’ focus is on improving business processes affected by documents. We have thousands of customers, tens of thousands of server software installations, and millions of printers under management in 30 countries.
Plus Technologies serves customers of all sizes as our products, licensing, and pricing is scalable upwards and downwards. We have departmental as well as enterprise-wide output management software implementations. We have successfully sold into many Fortune 500 organizations.
One reason for our success is our willingness to respond quickly to our customer’s unique requirements. First, we listen to the customer to understand their environment and their needs. Second, we work with the customer to determine the optimal solution. In addition, we are able to quickly make enhancements to our products to meet specific needs. Third, we offer pricing and licensing flexibility to suit our customer’s budgets. Lastly, we provide world-class support. This recipe has served us well over the years and as a result, we have an extremely loyal customer base.
Please contact us to learn more about our company and products. Moreover, you can count on Plus Technologies to do our best to help you solve your document and output management issues.