How to Setup Printer Failover in OM Plus
How to Setup Printer Failover in OM Plus4 Jan, 2021
Plus Technologies just released a new Printer Failover video for its popular OM Plus print management software products. The video illustrates how easy it is to set up printer failover inside of OM Plus. Print Failover is one of our most popular enterprise printing solutions. It can be found in the solutions section of our website under Printer Failover.
What is Printer Failover?
Printer Failover is a feature that allows print jobs to be routed to a backup printer in the event the primary printer fails, jams, runs out of paper, or fails for any reason. A notification can be sent to a user or helpdesk letting them know a problem was detected with the primary printer.
What are the performance benefits of Printer Failover?
- Reduce Downtimes – Many Organizations rely on business-critical documents such as invoices, labels, pick tickets, bills of lading, and other compliance documents. When problems occur, business processes are affected resulting in delays in shipping or missed deadlines. A quality enterprise printing solution such as OM Plus will provide peace of mind.
- Process and Document Workflow Improvement – The native printing utilities found in modern operating systems are not equipped to handle the various complexities and challenges in the contemporary document workflow process. OM Plus Delivery Manager from Plus Technologies was developed to address and overcome these very issues.
- Reduced Administration and Support – Through automated features such as failover, proactive alerts, and many others, the print infrastructure is more reliable and is easier to manage. Using OM Plus frees up time so that Administrative and Help Desk staff can focus on other important priorities and projects.
- Increase reliability – Bottlenecks, interruptions, missing or repeat documents, and slowdowns in the workflow process can be costly and time-consuming. High availability printing for business-critical documents increases the reliability and efficiency of the workflow process.
- Proactive Notification and Alerts – The printer failover feature found in OM Plus includes the ability to proactively alert Administrators or Help Desk staff of an unavailable or inactive printer. A predefined backup printer will resume printing the documents so that downtime is avoided.
- Faster Error Resolution – All too often, support staff are the last to know when a printer goes offline. Through proactive alerts in OM Plus, helpdesk staff will be the first to know and can resolve printer issues faster.
About Plus Technologies
Located in Dayton Ohio, Plus Technologies has developed enterprise-level document and print management software since 1994. Plus Technologies focuses on improving business processes affected by documents. We have thousands of customers, tens of thousands of server software installations, and millions of printers under management in 30 countries.
Plus Technologies serves customers of all sizes as our products, licensing, and pricing is scalable upwards and downwards. We have departmental as well as enterprise-wide output management software implementations and have successfully sold into many Fortune 500 organizations.
One reason for our success is our willingness to respond quickly to our customer’s unique requirements. First, we listen to the customer to understand their environment and their needs. Second, we work with the customer to determine the optimal solution. We can quickly make enhancements to our products to meet specific needs. Third, we offer flexible pricing and licensing to suit our customer’s budgets. Lastly, we provide world-class support. This recipe has served us well over the years and as a result, we have an extremely loyal customer base.