Pull-Print with My-Print-Delivery (MPD)
Pull-Print with My-Print-Delivery (MPD)8 Jan, 2020
Pull-Print with OM Plus My-Print-Delivery (MPD)
OM Plus My-Print-Delivery (MPD) pull-print software is Plus Technologies solution for pull printing. This pull-print solution is also known by other names. Names such as: print release, pull-print, Follow the User style print. The idea behind the concept is to improve printing efficiencies by holding user documents in the print system until the user releases the document while physically at the printer or multifunction device itself. There are many benefits for implementing OM Plus MPD such as: saving pages printed, reducing toner consumption and cost, and increasing document security.
Pull-print works by allowing the user to print documents through their usual print experience. Thus there is no change to the user. The document is routed to OM Plus My-Print-Delivery (MPD) where the job is held in OM Plus. When the user is ready to print they go to the device of their choice, swipe their card, pass authentication, and then MPD routes the job to the printer. This process ensures no print jobs/documents are left unattended.
My-Print-Delivery (MPD) is a superior solution because of its integrations. These integrations allow the user name data to be passed through seamlessly from EMR’s such Epic, ERP’s such as SAP, Oracle and others and Single Sign-n Solutions such as Imprivata.
In addition, MPD does not require any installation on end user workstations like other systems. This makes MPD simpler and easier to install and maintain.
- Works with virtually all printer models and access cards/readers
- Certified with Imprivata OneSign
- CAC/PIV support
- Integration with ERP, EMR, and other “back-end” systems
- Intelligent routing to identify MPD jobs (vs. non MPD jobs)
- Authentication via Active Directory or 3rd party solutions
- Does not require latest printer models (not even a display)
- Numerous release methods
- Features such as redirection of jobs, reprint, and archive
- Scalable and manageable
- Centralized queue creation
- Advanced trouble shooting tool-set
- Print statistics
- Priced by device (not user)
- Confidentiality and Compliance: The risk of printed documents left in the output bin is minimized as the users will be directly at the device.
- Mobility: Users can move from one location to another and still print without having the need to log onto a computer.
- Cost: MPD can reduce print volumes by 15%-20% lower usage of expensive toner.
- Green: Less paper and less toner are consumed.
- Security: Users are authenticated and only see their jobs.
- Savings through lower volume
- Increased print mobility
- Reduce waste “Green Solution”
- Improved compliance
- Not printer vendor specific
- Overcome VDI mobility issue
- Support for multi-vendor printer environment
- Support for older printer models without the screens (no hw upgrade needed)
- Numerous print release methods supported (card/phone/combinations, Kindle, etc)
- Support for numerous print spooling features such as job bundling or bursting, fail-over, re-direct, archiving, etc
- SAP certification
- Capability of scale for large organizations (we have OM Plus installations with 10,000+ devices)
- Support for multiple operating system environments such as Windows, UNIX, Linux
- No client install required
- Low cost of ownership
Release Print Jobs
- Embedded App inside printer/MFD
- Card swipe or tap
- Combination card swipe and embedded App
- Smartphone/Tablet App
- Printer/MFD: Users can select
- Dedicated release workstations
Automating Document Related Business Processes
Plus Technologies located in Ohio has been developing enterprise level document and output management software since 1994. Plus Technologies’ focus is on improving business processes affected by documents. We have thousands of customers, tens of thousands of server software installations, and millions of printers under management in 30 countries.
Plus Technologies serves customers of all sizes as our products, licensing, and pricing is scalable upwards and downwards. We have departmental as well as enterprise wide output management software implementations. Additionally, we have successfully sold into many Fortune 500 organizations.
One reason for our success is our willingness to respond quickly to our customer’s unique requirements. First, we listen to the customer to understand their environment and their needs. Second, we work the customer to determine the optimal solution. In addition, we are able to quickly make enhancements to our products to meet specific needs. Third, we offer pricing and licensing flexibility to suit our customer’s budget. Lastly, we provide world class support. This recipe has served us well over the years and as a result, we have an extremely loyal customer base.