Pull-Printing with Plus Technologies
Pull-Printing with Plus Technologies9 Sep, 2020
Pull-Printing with Plus Technologies
OM Plus My-Print-Delivery (MPD) is Plus Technologies product for pull-printing. Pull-printing is also known as print release or in some cases follow me printing. My-Print-Delivery improves printing efficiency and security by holding a user’s “printed” documents on a secure print server until the user walks up to a convenient printer and authenticates/releases their jobs. As well as “Follow-Me Print.”
In particular, we have many customers from a number of different industries that use the MPD feature. In addition to reducing overall print volume therefore saving cost, each user has their own unique story and value proposition. By all means, please contact us for more information.
Reduce printing waste
- As people print on shared printers, they often have to get up and walk to the printer to pick up their documents. But often, they get interrupted or want to pick up the document later when they have finished something they are currently busy with. What happens, though, is that they often forget it, and when they remember and rush to the printer, the document has been recycled and they have to print again.
Improved Printing Security
- Confidential documents can fall into the wrong hands and important information can leak if the wrong person sees the printed documents. Pull-printing makes it possible for the organization to produce printed documents securely even on shared printers, thereby avoiding information to leak to unauthorized personnel. Therefore, pull printing equals secure printing.
- OM Plus MPD includes integration with authentication software solutions such as Imprivata to enhance security even more.
Remove Local Printers
- Local printers are often kept for security purposes (see point 2). But with pull printing implemented, security is maintained even when printing on shared printers, so all those expensive local printers can be removed.
Improved End User Productivity
- Without pull-printing, each time a document is printed the employee has to rush to the printer and pick up the documents before someone else does. And even worse, if the printers are out of order time is wasted and frustration spreads in the organization. But with pull-printing, the employee can print as many documents as they wish, have it waiting for them in the queue, and pick it all up in bulk later (for example when coming back from lunch). And if a printer is not functioning properly, he or she can simply walk up to another printer and pick up the documents there instead of being forced to print it all again.
Fewer Printer Related Helpdesk Calls
A less obvious point, perhaps, but important nonetheless. With less frustrated employees (see point 4), there will be less calls to the helpdesk. Instead of having angry employees who have wasted a lot of time calling the helpdesk and complaining, most of them will simply walk to another printer and pick up their documents there instead. So helpdesk can work out the problem without the many interruptions from frustrated employees.
Important to realize, MPD pull-print will work on devices from virtually all printer manufacturers.
- Supports all popular printer models
- Multiple ways to release print jobs
- Print from tablet or phone
- Re-direct and re-print features
- Print statistics
- No change in user print experience
- Provides confidentiality for sensitive documents
- Improves user mobility
- Reduce print volume and costs
- Saves users time and reduces frustration
- Enables VDI print mobility
- No client software install needed
Plus Technologies offers free trials and evaluations of all our products.
For more information, please contact Plus Technologies.
Automating Document Related Business Processes
Plus Technologies located in Ohio has been developing enterprise level document and output management software since 1994. Plus Technologies’ focus is on improving business processes affected by documents. We have thousands of customers, tens of thousands of server software installations, and millions of printers under management in 30 countries.
Plus Technologies serves customers of all sizes as our products, licensing, and pricing is scalable upwards and downwards. We have departmental as well as enterprise wide output management software implementations. We have successfully sold into many Fortune 500 organizations.
One reason for our success is our willingness to respond quickly to our customer’s unique requirements. First, we listen to the customer to understand their environment and their needs. Second, we work with the customer to determine the optimal solution. In addition, we are able to quickly make enhancements to our products to meet specific needs. Third, we offer pricing and licensing flexibility to suit our customer’s budget. Lastly, we provide world class support. This recipe has served us well over the years and as a result, we have an extremely loyal customer base.
Please contact us to learn more about our company and products. Moreover, you can count on Plus Technologies to do our best to help you solve your document and output management issues.